FarmGate provides a venue for serious small producers to market their handmade, homemade or homegrown products to buyers interested in quality local products.
What Can You Advertise on FarmGate?
- Anything handmade, homemade or homegrown by you on a sustainable basis.
- Foods: food products that are made or grown at home.
- Drinks: artisanal alcoholic beverages, cordials, fresh juices.
- Handmade: arts, crafts, homemade & handmade items.
- Naturals: any products made from natural materials, such as plants & plant products, soaps & candles, cleaning products, etc.
If there is no sub-category that fits your product, please email email@example.com and we will add it for you.
What May You Not Advertise on FarmGate?
- Third party products, i.e. products not made or supervised by you.
- Products that are available at national retail outlets.
- Products made in a large/formal production environment.
- Illegal or prohibited items.
How to Advertise on FarmGate:
- Register on FarmGate. Your business name will be the name of your account on FarmGate - this does not have to be a formally registered business, you can select any name for your business if you do not have one already.
- Take some time to write your 'About Us' story - FarmGate buyers are interested in where their goods come from and how they are made.
- List your product/s according to their category and subcategory. If there is no subcategory that fits your product, please let us know and we will add an appropriate sub category for you.
- Pay special attention to the description of your product/s, as this is what entices people to buy from you.
- Select an attractive photo of your product/s to upload onto FarmGate. Remember that people shop with their eyes online.
- You will receive an auto invoice, with our banking details. Make an EFT payment and email proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once your product has been approved, you will receive an email and your advert will be activated on FarmGate.
- Your listing will expire after 6 months (launch special listings). You will receive a notification email before the expiry date, so that you can elect to renew the advert on FarmGate.
*There is no e-commerce facility on FarmGate. We provide a venue for you to market your niche products to targeted markets throughout South Africa and connect you to potential buyers. Buyers contact you through the FarmGate website, and you liaise directly with them in terms of sales, payment, delivery, guarantees, etc.